Clinical Exercise and Rehabilitation focuses on using exercise as a treatment tool to rehabilitate your condition. Our physiotherapists are trained in DMA Clinical Pilates MBCT (Movement based classification and treatment) approach.
- Improved muscle tone without adding bulk
- Prevent and reduce spinal pain (low back pain, neck pain, headaches)
- Improved posture and core stability
- Firmer and flatter stomach muscles
- Improved flexibility and balance
- Reduce stress
- Improves sporting performance
- Safe form of exercise during and after pregnancy
- Improves bone density (reduces risk of osteoporosis)
- Falls Prevention
- Postnatal Rehab, Mums and Bubs classes available
What conditions can exercise based programs help with?
- Lower back and pelvic pain
- Neck, upper back and shoulder pain
- Work related conditioning
- Pregnancy and Postnatal Recovery
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Pre season sports conditioning
- Specific sports injury management and technique enhancement
How to get started?
Contact us to organise an ASSESSEMENT, this will enable our Physiotherapist to learn about your condition and come up with a plan for your condition. This assessment requirement can be waived if you can provide a handover from your previous therapist/Pilates instructor or if you have had a Physiotherapy consultation with our Physiotherapist at Archibald Health Centre.
There are options to do 1 to 1 sessions, group sessions and independent sessions. Group sessions are supervised by a Physiotherapist where you perform your own program, your program will be adjusted and progressed as you go. Once you and your Physiotherapist feel you are comfortable and safe with doing your exercise program on your own, you have the option of doing independent sessions.